We have discussed in previous posts the importance of updates. Updates help keep things secure and running smoothly. In this blog post, we want to show you how you can easily update your Windows 10 operating system.
Updating Windows 10
- Click the start menu on the bottom left corner of your screen. This will bring up a multitude of things. You are going to want to click the gear icon that is all the way on the left, right above the power icon:
2. This will open up “PC Settings”. Once inside of “PC Settings” click on the “Update & Security” option:
3. This is where you will find the option to update your operating system. You can click “Check for updates” if you don’t see any pending updates already present on the screen:
4. If there are updates that need to be installed, let them install at a time that works for you. Windows now has options to reduce disruptions when updates are needed. You will se the recommendations they have in the Windows Update section:
5. Other options given in this section include: Pause Updates for 7 Days, Change Active Hours, View Update History and Advanced Options:
That’s pretty much it! Windows makes updating fairly simple and user friendly. Before we finish this article however, we just want to give you a brief overview of the “Advanced Options” section inside of Windows Update:
Under Advanced Options you can:
- Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update your operating system.
- Download updates over metered connections
- Restart your device ASAP when a restart is required to install an update.
- Pause updates.
- Turn on/off update notifications when your pc is required to restart for updates.
At the very bottom of the page you will see options for “delivery optimization” and “privacy settings”.
That’s all! We hope you can now successfully update your Windows 10 operating system without any issues.